Sunday, April 11, 2010

What Not to Wear

I never saw my Mom dress in a way that compromised her standards, not even once! She never seemed to make an exception for a fad or a "cute" outfit. I am so proud of her for this! This is just one way I have noticed a mom's example example can go a long way in teaching children and others. Contrasting this role model to our society today...we seem to be getting the message from the media that modesty barely even exists anymore. It is so hard to find a skirt that is long enough this year! (sad!)

I loved Elaine Dalton's talk in the Young Women General Broadcast this past March. She talked about "True Beauty"...beauty that cannot be purchased or painted on--a beauty that is earned over the years through living virtuously, loving others, and striving to develop our talents. My Mom has taught me that this true beauty is only showcased through modest dress--and oh how it sparkles and shines!

No comments:

Post a Comment